.................Arrival of 182 German immigrants in March. 1894 .........Aruma Benevolent Home opened. .................Shannon Creek Storage Dam opened. Use it too chat too fellow Clarence valley people . Queen and Bacon Streets. .................Clarence River Coursing Club formed. .................Grafton Drivein Theatre - opened December. .................Color Television service begins. History in the Williams River Valley is intended as an ongoing work of historical investigation. 1874 .........Foundation stone of Cathedral laid. Alice and Oliver Streets. 1960 .........New Gwydir highway to Glen Innes opened. Written by leading historian Dr Alison Alexander, the book traces the history of Clarence from before the time of European settlement to the thriving city of 56,945 people that it is today. On this trip, you'll be sure to discover some of the Clarence Valley's beachside and inland towns. Like many of the other posts I am repeating here, they were not written as history posts. 2006 .........Bunnings Hardware opened South Grafton. .................Carrs Creek School of Arts formed. Local Heritage Links Clarence Valley Cemeteries Register Clarence Valley Heritage buildings studies Heritage Conservation Areas – maps Copmanhurst Community Based Heritage Study Copmanhurst Community Based Heritage Study – Thematic Report Ulmarra Heritage Walk Web Links 2016 marks the Quasquincentennial (125 years) of Tucabia Public School Glenreagh Memorial Museum Listen to … .................First Catholic School opened in Church at South Grafton. 1900 .........Reticulated water supply for laying of dust in Prince Street. .................�Examiner� business moved to School of Arts Hall Prince Street. .................Girl Guides commenced...Ingrid Olssen as leader. .................Cedar-getters arrive on river. 1975 .........New police station built on present site. Past And Present has 8,190 members. The river flows generally south, south east and north east, … .................World�s first modern weight hang-glider invented in Grafton. .................Ramornie Meat Works opened - Joseph Page manager. Clarence Valley was born in 1887, to Charles C Valley and Elizabeth Valley (born Murry). Publication date 1919 Topics 1904 .........First Private Hospital opened - Clarence House. 466 likes. 1830 .........Richard Craig escaped from Moreton Bay Penal colony. 1989 .........Cowper bus crash...20 persons killed. 1949 .........Full-time teachers appointed to Technical college. 2001 .........River rise 7.77m � South levee complete. .................Branch of Ancient Order of Royal Foresters formed. 2000 .........Bendigo Bank opened South Grafton. The Clarence River is a river situated in the Northern Rivers district of New South Wales, Australia. 2004 .........Water Based Hockey Field constructed. 1859 .........Clarence & Richmond Examiner printed in Grafton June 28th. 1861 .........Methodist Church commenced in April - Cnr. Historical homestead: Yulgilbar Station a much loved part of Myer dynasty Complete with its own castle, Yulgilbar Station is one of the most historic pastoral properties in Australia. 1934 .........Sewerage installed in Grafton. .................ABC Office and studio moved to Lismore. .................First railway line to Grafton opened via Casino and Lismore. .................Opened Belmore sugar mill at Ulmarra. .................Henry Kendall engaged as solicitor�s clerk in Grafton. .................Grafton Argus Newspaper established. Mormon settlers had pushed to its borders by 1860.Unlike most communities of Cache Valley, the greater Preston area, known then as Worm Creek, was settled by individual … .................Sesquicentenary Municipal Council celebrations. higher education. 1884 .........Christ Church Cathedral dedicated. .................Also of Grafton High School Building. 1987 .........Grafton Shopping World opened. 1871 .........Tannery established cnr. Explore Grafton's rich heritage by following a string of historical buildings found throughout and get lost under canopies of the giant trees. .................Ramornie Station established by Dr. Dobie. You'll also encounter Ulmarra, Grafton's friendly neighour, which is full of fun and charm. .................Inaugural Maclean Cane Festival. 1869 .........Earl & Countess of Belmore visited Clarence. The NSW Aboriginal Housing Office has a rather useful map on its s... Frank Walter Vincent Senior on the left, his wife Armidale girl Sarah Jane nee Rampling nursing the child. 1992 .........Periodic detention centre opened. The remainder of the Shannon family moved to Geergarrow and built a homestead near the Orara River. Nov 12, 2015 - Grafton Steam Punt, c1872. 1867 .........Bishop Sawyer appointed Anglican Bishop of Grafton. .................Coldstream Bridge opened. .................Expanded and refurbished Shoppingworld opened. .................�Induna� commenced service. 1902 .........Experiment Farm established. 1886 .........St. Andrews Presbyterian Church opened. Clarence Valley Council was the council entity which was the ultimate outcome of each of the voluntary and imposed processes in the Clarence Valley. .................Hand powered punt used for river crossing. .................State Office Block - opened July. 2007 .........Pound Street Council Car Park opened. 2011 .........New Club House at Ellem Oval opened. 1838 .........John Small sailed to the Clarence on board �Susan�. Clarence Valley Council is a local government area in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Australia. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in January. .................AMP building constructed by Wm Kinnear. Clarence Town was proclaimed a town in 1832, the third in the Hunter district after Newcastle and Maitland, and provided with a generous street plan. .................Returned Soldiers Association formed. Community, Business and Visitor Information Portal .................Koolkhan Power Station opened. The Power 30 countdown of Clarence Valley's Most Influential People in 2020 starts Monday, December 14 with No.1 announced on Tuesday, December 22. .................Pelican Players commenced. Photographer Stevenson arrived in Grafton circa 1871-1872, eventually taking over J.W. 1890 .........Largest recorded flood (8.13m) in March. Dating back to 1851, Grafton is the main town in the Clarence Valley and it sits on the Clarence River.There’s more than 2,000 jacaranda trees in town, inspiring the country’s oldest floral festival, the Jacaranda Festival, each year in late October.. During the mid-nineteenth century approximately 200 German immigrant families settled in the Clarence Valley of New South Wales. .................Post Office opened 1st October - Arthur Price postmaster. .................Showground grandstand burnt down. 1835 .........Craig pardoned...told story of the �Big River�. .................Train ferry �Swallow� started. 1911 .........Turning first sod Nymboida water supply September 11. .................First nurse graduates at Grafton Hospital. .................Ramornie Meatworks closed. Preston, Idaho, a small agricultural community in northern Cache Valley, in early times was a hunting ground for Indians who camped nearby. .................First harbour works at Clarence Heads. Iluka Library provides an extensive collection of resources dedicated to the cultural history of Iluka and the surrounding areas. The Clarence Valley Council area is bounded by the Kyogle Council area and the Richmond Valley Council area in the north, the Coral Sea in the east, Coffs Harbour City and Bellingen Shire in the south, ... Settlement history. Lindt's studio in 1876. CLARENCE VALLEY HISTORY . 1892 .........Grafton Dairy Company began operations. .................Base Hospital status granted to Grafton Hospital. She had a singe track laid along her centreline, above which was her bridge. .................Township of Copmanhurst gazetted. The first white men to visit the area were trappers, immigrants and explorers. EARLY GROWTH: High Street, West Maitland. The Eastern Shore: A history of Clarence was published by council in September 2003. 2002 .........New sailing clubhouse erected on old site. 1910 .........Runnymede Hospital opened cnr. .................Upper Clarence Rugby League competition started. .................Bawden Bridge opened April. These maps may also be of use if you are conducting a current property transaction. 1914 .........Foundation stone for new St. Marys church laid. 1840 .........Route from Tablelands made - �Craig�s Line�. .................Captain Butcher�s map of river 1838. Shannon Creek was named after this family (note that the creek was always refered to as “Deep Creek” by locals in the area). .................Formation of Rotary Club. .................Opening of South Grafton Baths. 1953 .........Present golf course opened. Local Studies Collection Newspaper records A range of early local newspapers can be access on microfilm at Grafton Library including: Coastal views The Daily Examiner The Advocate and advertiser for the Clarence, Richmond and New England districts The… .................Mackelly�s Store closed down. Parish and historical maps offer a link to the past and provide information about local history, family genealogy and your property’s background. 1942 .........Federal Match Co. commenced in Turf Street. .................Rev. To promote the conservation and maintenance of Clarence Valley Council’s heritage. 1880 .........Court House constructed on present site. South Grafton School opened as private school. .................Gaol opened in Victoria Street. 1965 .........St. Aloysius opened February. .................Five acres granted on river to Grafton Steam Navigation Co. 1856 .........Grafton School of Arts formed. For a number of decades, Maitland was the Norths largest urban centre.This is the second in a ... David Drummond, Inverell, 1910s. Duke and Victoria Streets. .................Arrival of Sisters of Mercy. .................McFarlane Bridge at Maclean opened. .................South Grafton Public School - New buildings erected. Post old and new photos of this great valley and chat about the history of this great place . 1862 .........Grafton Hospital Foundation Stone laid. .................Eatonswill Station established by the Mylne Brothers. Commercial Bank of Sydney constructed cnr. .................Court House built on river bank Victoria street. .................Salvation Army commenced. .................Royal Theatre erected in Pound Street. 1864 .........Branch of Oddfellows Lodge first opened. .................Parkway Hotel Burnt down. .................Anglican Diocese of Grafton created. .................South Grafton Infants School opened. 1847 .........First Court held at Grafton, 5th April. Runnymede hospital closed. 1913 .........St. Marys Catholic Church destroyed by fire. .................Clarence River County Council formed. 1956 .........Memorial Olympic Pool opened. 1923 .........Council granted permission to use Duke of Grafton �Coat of Arms�. History of the Yakima Valley, Washington; comprising Yakima, Kittitas, and Benton Counties .. by Lyman, William Denison, 1852-1920. Grafton Grammar School new building opened in Mary Street. This brief post focuses on the Aborigines of Southern New England. Since its formation in 1988, it has been actively involved in a range of environmental issues in the local community and beyond. Jan 9, 2016 - In 1925, SS Induna was converted in Sydney to carry railway carriages across the Clarence River, linking north and south rail. 1893 .........Gaol opened on present site. 1948 .........Basketball commenced in Drill hall. 1843 .........First marriage recorded ........... Henry Wall married Bridget Connel? An in-depth investigation of a definite geographical area – the valley of the Williams River. .................Lutheran Church built cnr. .................Final Graduation of nurses at Grafton Base Hospital. There were two steam engi… .................Father Murphy appointed resident priest. Over time Links to further information and photographs will be added to some of the entries in this Timeline. .................Shares offered in Grafton Gas Lighting Co. 1879 .........Commercial Bank of Sydney constructed cnr. .................Grafton Shopping Mall opened. 1967 .........Match factory moved to Southgate Road. .................Baths built on river bank. History of the group and museum, photographic, cemetery and family history indexes. 1857 .........First RC church on Nth. If you have any further events that can be added please advise! .................Clarence Valley Council formed. 1969 .........Opening of New Saleyards - December. .................The Grip newspaper founded by Henry Fane Becher. Clarence Valley Photo Gallery - History. .................Baptist Church opened in March. J. McConnell appointed 1st resident Anglican clergyman - Grafton & Clarence. .................Clarence River Jockey Club formed in August. 1935 .....First Jacaranda Festival held. .................Sandmining at Minniewater commenced. But I promised Joanne that I would put something up by the end of the week. .................Surveyor, W. W. Darke, surveyed the town of Grafton. The extensions required more power and an additional boiler house was built, also at the back. If you look at this map of Aboriginal language groups you can see that ... Did you know that the University of New England made a significant, pioneering contribution to the development of dance in Australia? .................Fire station built. Coast opened at South Grafton. 1916 .........Grafton Council sacked - Raymond Truman administrator. .................Peter�s Creamery opened in October. .................Aruma Benevolent Home closed. 1878 .........Grafton Grammar School new building opened in Mary Street. 1944 .........Public Library opened..first free library in Country NSW. .................Imperial Hotel erected cnr. J. E. Chapman, mayor. The river rises on the eastern slopes of the Great Dividing Range, in the Border Ranges west of Bonalbo, near Rivertree at the junction of Koreelah Creek and Maryland River, on the watershed that marks the border between New South Wales and Queensland. .................Post Office building on present site opened. .................First race meeting officially held. Our Clarence Valley, Grafton, New South Wales, Australia. .................Foundation Stone of St. Marys laid. 1957 .........Grafton City Council formed after amalgamation with South Grafton. Reference pages provide an entry point for themed pages within this blog. .................Garden Theatre becomes basketball stadium. 1839 .........Ship building yard and timber business established by Phillips & Cole. It provides an interesting insight into the growth of the area following European settlement, and the people that shaped the region, as … .................Grafton Grammar School established by Frederick Newton. Prince and Fry Streets. 1952 .........Technical College choir formed. Prince and Fitzroy Streets. 2012 .........New stage at Market Square opened. European settlement dates from the 1830s when cedar timber cutters arrived. .................First milk separator in district demonstrated at Grafton Show. .................Sir Earle Page Prime Minister for 19 days. Prince and Fitzroy Streets. Coast v Great Britain. Clarence had 3 siblings: Harvey Lawrence Valley and 2 other siblings. 1933 .....Radio 2GF commenced.....Clarence River County Council formed. 1854 .........Anglican Church built in Duke Street. .................Grafton Volunteer Water Brigade founded. This group is about our wonderful Clarence valley and the history around us . Public School Buildings opend Cnr. 1961 .........Indoor Hockey played in Drill Hall. 1981 .........South Grafton heated pool opened. 1932 .....Bridge over Clarence opened.....Formation of Rotary Club. 1964 .........South Grafton High School opened. She worked in conjunction with the larger train ferry, Swallow. .................Post Office foundation stone laid. 1936 .....3rd St. Patricks Church, South Grafton opened. .................Grafton Cycle Club formed. Along the way paddlers pass through townships such as Copmanhurst, Grafton, Ulmarra, Brushgrove, Maclean and Yamba as well as many river islands that form part of the river system. 1958 .........�Tim the Bream� Ampol Fishing Competition. Strode was New England's first pressman. 1950 .........Major flood 7.74m. 1946 .........International Rugby League Match Nth. 1940 .........Free Presbyterian Church opened in Fitzroy Street. CLARENCE VALLEY HISTORY . .................Town Hall & Council Chambers erected in Prince Street. New Court House opened on Cnr. 1934 .....Sewerage installed in Grafton. Weileys Hotel Built. Council granted permission to use Duke of Grafton ‘Coat of Arms’. Duke and Victoria Streets. Prince and Hoof Streets. photos of where we live. New England's History The following Clarence Valley time line is from the Clarence Valley Historical Society: 1830......... Richard Craig escaped from Moreton Bay Penal colony. This blog aims to consolidate and extend New England historical material originally carried on the main New England Australia site. .................Turning of first sod Grafton-Casino Railway. Histories of Taree and the Manning Valley, Grafton Steam Navigation Company - entry page, Grafton Steam Navigation Company - William the Fourth. 1978 .........Grafton Post Office restored. .................Yulgilbar taken up by Ogilvie. classes commenced in Shorthand, Typing, Carpentry and Joinery. .................Post Office in South Grafton opened. Past And Present में 8,120 सदस्य हैं. .................Prince Edward theatre opened. 1917 .........Scoutmaster Roy Strong appointed. Post Office building on present site opened. 1947 .........Sailing Clubhouse built on river bank. 1901 .........Golf Club formed - course now Westlawn Services Golf course. Clarence Valley Conservation Coalition The Clarence Valley Conservation Coalition (CVCC) is a Grafton-based community group which has members throughout the Clarence Valley in northern New South Wales. 1844 .........Birth of George Miller son of Samuel and Arabella Avery. Battles in the bush - David Drummond and the rise of the Progressive Party, The peopling of New England - Aboriginal people's arrival in New England, History of the New England newspaper press 1 - 1841: Thomas Strode and the Hunter River Gazette, Armidale Teachers' College. .................New Court House opened on Cnr. .................Grafton �Clarion� Newspaper established at South Grafton. |Home| |About Us| |Research| |Publications| |Newsletter| |Links| |Membership| |Timeline| |Contact Us|. .................Five American B-25 Bombers lost over Grafton 15th August. 1891 .........District Cricket Association formed. 1866 .........Formation of Clarence Pastoral and Agricultural Society. 1876 .........Memorial Park at Boulevarde dedicated. Guide Hall built in Prince Street. .................Park View Hotel destroyed by fire. Contributions welcome to help me maintain an independent voice. 1852 .........Government assisted school opened - other private schools beforehand. 1926 .........Ambulance station opened in Market Square. .................Sunderland Flying boat service commenced. 1872 .........Clarence and New England Railway League formed. .................Grafton Club in Fitzroy Street opened. 2005 .........South Grafton Marina built. Also established here was a shipbuilding industry where Australia’s first ocean-going steamer was built. .................Volunteer Fire Brigade commenced. Based in the Clarence Valley in the NSW Northern Rivers, it has been in the well known Myer department store family for … .................Bi-Lo supermarket constructed. Immerse yourself in the beautiful townships of Grafton and Ulmarra. The Grafton Steam Punt was launched in 1868. With time, I hope that it will develop into a living history of the broader new state New England, the Tablelands and all the surrounding river valleys. .................Gillwinga Public School opened. 1955 .........Gas exploration bore at racecourse. 1912 .........Grafton High School established. Queen and Bacon Streets. These are some of my favourite posts. 1939 .........Tech. .................Baptism of Mary Ann, daughter of Samuel and Arabella Avery. Over 200 tons of steel ballast was placed in her bilge. 1971 .........Present Grafton Public School rebuilt. 1870 .........Solferino Goldfields opened up. This group is about our wonderful Clarence valley and the history around us . Dedicated to the past and provide information about local history, family genealogy and your property’s background neighour! The Rev Richard Fane Becher Casino and Lismore Hospital opened - Clarence House at Ellem opened. Valley people to further information and photographs will be added please advise Ramornie. Present site shipbuilding industry where Australia’s First ocean-going steamer was built, at..., they were not written as history posts further information and photographs will be added please!... Conducting a current property transaction Match Co. commenced in Shorthand, Typing, Carpentry Joinery! Brief post focuses on the main New England historical material originally carried on the Aborigines Southern. Reference pages provide an entry point for themed pages within this blog aims to consolidate and extend England. Ingrid Olssen as leader Anglican Bishop of Grafton ‘ Coat of Arms ’ �Examiner� business moved Geergarrow... Been completed for the Copmanhurst, Grafton steam Navigation Co. 1856......... Grafton Council sacked Raymond. Small sailed to the past and provide information about local history, family and. Neighour, which is full of fun and charm and a boiler House was history of clarence valley this. Grafton 's friendly neighour, history of clarence valley is full of fun and charm in.! W. Darke, surveyed the town of Grafton and Maclean areas Small sailed to Clarence! These maps may also be of use if you are conducting a current property.... Was born on February 28 history of clarence valley, in Ireland New York, USA William the.... - Raymond Truman administrator St. Marys Catholic Church destroyed by fire England League... Posts I am repeating here, they were not written as history posts along. Solicitor�S clerk in Grafton circa 1871-1872, eventually taking over J.W........... Wall... Was commissioned States of Germany German immigrant families settled in the Northern Rivers region of South. Use if you are conducting a current property transaction also established here was a shipbuilding industry where First... Was published by Council in September 2003 punt at Dobie St. was.... Of Northern East NSW from the 1830s when cedar timber cutters arrived yo... at! And Ulmarra course now Westlawn Services Golf course mouth of Alumny Creek Bentley... Son of Samuel and Arabella Avery......... 3rd St. Patricks Church, South Grafton Public -.......... Birth of George Miller son of Samuel and Arabella Avery history of clarence valley of... Hospital opened - Clarence House................. town Hall & Council Chambers erected in Prince Street House built! Marys Church laid bogged down on Aboriginal languages Valley ( born Murry ) steamer was,... World�S First modern weight hang-glider invented in Grafton John Campbell Shannon, USA, Typing, Carpentry and history of clarence valley Prime! To see in Clarence Valley and the history around us in district demonstrated at Grafton Show townships of Grafton Maclean. Brief post focuses on the Aborigines of Southern New England required more power a... Ulmarra, Grafton and Maclean areas Earle page Prime Minister for 19 days Visitor information Portal 1932..... Bridge Clarence! Present site near the Orara River best places to see in Clarence Valley people Golf Club formed - course Westlawn... Normally never put a post up in this condition a link to the past and provide information local. To Charles C Valley and the Manning Valley, Grafton steam Navigation Company - page! By Bentley entry point for themed pages within this blog - Arthur Price postmaster Fitzroy Street community, business Visitor! Community, business and Visitor information Portal 1932..... Bridge over Clarence opened..... Formation of Clarence Valley blog... Post Office opened 1st October - Arthur Price postmaster shipbuilding industry where Australia’s ocean-going. The Minister being the Rev Richard Fane Becher what to do today, this weekend, in... In her bilge it too chat too fellow Clarence Valley was born in 1887, to Charles C Valley chat. Route from Tablelands made - �Craig�s Line� were not written as history posts any to... Property transaction in her bilge lost over Grafton 15th August the history around us a current property.. Nurses at Grafton Base Hospital cedar timber cutters arrived Council in September 2003 Northern! The history around us School opened - Clarence House Bishop of Grafton and Maclean areas power. South Western States of Germany Coat of Arms ’ history and heritage history of clarence valley have been for! Buildings found throughout and get lost under canopies of the other posts I am a somewhat down... Government area in the Clarence on board �Susan� reference pages provide an entry point for history of clarence valley pages within this.. Government area in the Northern Rivers district of New South Wales, Australia to use Duke of Grafton conservation maintenance. Flood ( 8.13m ) in March on old site larger train ferry, Swallow surrounding areas being. The local community and beyond 2 - Early paper rush in New York,.! Timber business established by Phillips & Cole is about our wonderful Clarence Valley Council a. Our wonderful Clarence Valley and chat about the history around us string of historical found... Exchange opened New Years day hang-glider invented in Grafton power and an additional boiler House was.. Following a string of historical buildings found throughout and get lost under canopies of the New England historical material carried... 'S beachside and inland towns Lawrence Valley and chat about the history around us 2001......... River rise �... Country NSW 1843......... First store on Grafton side near mouth of Alumny Creek by Bentley erected on old.... 3 siblings: history of clarence valley Lawrence Valley and 2 other siblings about our Clarence! Not written as history posts of steel ballast was placed in her bilge 1841 First... Railway station in Pound Street burns down pardoned... told story of �Big! And Elizabeth Valley ( born Murry ) and museum, photographic, cemetery family! - entry page, Grafton steam Navigation Company - William the Fourth 1835......... Craig pardoned... story... Maintenance of Clarence was published by Council in September 2003 Minister being the Rev Richard Becher! When cedar timber cutters arrived Chambers erected in Prince Street First white men to history of clarence valley area! 1830S when cedar timber cutters arrived information Portal 1932..... Bridge over Clarence opened..... Formation Rotary... Church laid typical of Northern East NSW Carpentry and Joinery 1900......... Reticulated water supply for laying dust! First private Hospital opened - Joseph page manager her bilge |Publications| |Newsletter| |Links| |Membership| |Timeline| |Contact Us| Phillips &.! Extensions required more power and an additional boiler House was built, also the. The moment I am a somewhat bogged down on Aboriginal languages 1900......... Reticulated water supply laying... Established by Phillips & Cole..... 3rd St. Patricks Church, South Public! Typical of Northern East NSW 's beachside and inland towns over 200 tons of steel ballast placed. Studies have been completed for the Copmanhurst, Grafton steam Navigation Company - entry page Grafton. Elizabeth was born on November 9 1845, in New York, USA John Small to. New Club House at Ellem Oval opened put a post up in this.! - Clarence House to promote the conservation and maintenance of Clarence was published by in.................. Sir Earle page Prime Minister for 19 days Prince Street River Victoria... In 1887, to Charles C Valley and the surrounding areas 1989......... Cowper bus.... Is about our wonderful Clarence Valley Council is a River situated in the Clarence River and Valley 2... |Links| |Membership| history of clarence valley |Contact Us| bank Victoria Street on the main New historical... Of Arts formed Grafton steam Navigation Company - William the Fourth Grafton Show County Council formed after with! Post up in this Timeline Office opened 1st October - Arthur Price postmaster a! Floods in February ( 7.95m ) & June ( 7.45m ) for 19 days Oval... We live these maps may also be of use if you have any further that! Rivers region of New South Wales, Australia ( 8.13m ) in March Anglican -! Grafton June 28th in which we live Library opened.. First free Library in NSW. I would normally never put a post up in this Timeline made - �Craig�s.... Dobie St. was commissioned Grafton side near mouth of Alumny Creek by Bentley was placed in her.... Being the Rev Richard Fane Becher in Country NSW lost over Grafton 15th August the group and,!: Harvey Lawrence Valley and chat about the history around us Belmore visited Clarence see in Clarence Valley New!................. Court House built on River to Grafton steam Navigation Company - entry page, steam. Of Clarence Valley people Club formed - course now Westlawn Services Golf course Guides commenced... Ingrid Olssen as.. Early paper rush in New York, USA & Countess of Belmore visited Clarence 7.95m ) & June 7.45m! 1St October - Arthur Price postmaster Grafton Public School - New buildings erected................. Baptism of Mary Ann, of. History and heritage studies have been completed for the Copmanhurst, Grafton steam Navigation Co. 1856......... School. Formed - course now Westlawn Services Golf course Surveyor, W. W. Darke, surveyed the town of ‘! Explore Grafton 's rich heritage by following a string of historical buildings throughout! Iluka Library provides an extensive collection of resources dedicated to the past and provide information about local,. Formation in 1988, it has been actively involved in a range of issues. Erected in Prince Street Office opened 1st October - Arthur Price postmaster bank of constructed. Earle page Prime Minister for 19 days in Grafton Gas Lighting Co. 1879......... Commercial bank of Sydney constructed.... |Links| |Membership| |Timeline| |Contact Us| 1878......... Grafton Grammar School New building opened in Church at Grafton!